Tuesday 4 September 2012


I pondered for a long time on this theme. I could not get any angle on it that appealed to me so I eventually decided to have two rose plants growing in the shape of a wine glass, with out-turned thorns suggesting that it would not be nice to handle. They are silhouetted against a grey evening sky. Life is not all wine and roses it has its prickly side! There is one wine red rose in the wine glass, a loose scribble that is thread painted, I was thinking of Mackintosh’s roses.

I did not intend to have a wonky wine glass. Just shows I do not do enough planning. I just launch into a piece. I wish I could be more careful.
Free machine work.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Irene!! PLEASE don't fret about the "wonky" wine glass! I LOVE it and think it has much more personality that way. Great interpretation of the theme as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene

    Your amazing competence across so many styles never ceases to surprise me!

    ReplyDelete