Friday 30 March 2012

Gillian's Chickens

Inspired by..... This has been a very difficult challenge for me as I seldom work from images or text which was what the title implied to me. I have been thinking a lot about my friend who is ill and her hens so I decided to do a piece inspired by her hens wandering round her garden.

I first coloured some white cotton with inktense blocks and pencils. I then drew in lots of grasses using, paints, acrylic inks, Derwent Inktense blocks and pencils, Derwent Aquatone pencils and gel pens. I stamped the flower shapes with household rubbish and home made stamps and further embellished them with the same products. I screen printed the straw/sticks of the centre panel.

I then used free machining to draw in the hens.

I thoroughly enjoyed the making of this as using many of these products is fairly new to me.

Irene MacWilliam
www.macwilliam.f9.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment