Tuesday 2 December 2014

At Sixes and Sevens

Like others I have found this an impossible subject, no idea why but nothing would come to me - until this afternoon that is!!
I have been involved in a small challenge where a group of us were given a piece of hand dyed fabric, 7" x 8" and then were given instructions how to progress it over a number of months, stitch it, decorate it, embellish it and so on.  Finally we were told to cut it into at least six pieces and reassemble in a different format.  As I sat finishing it off today it suddenly occurred to me that I had received a "Handout" of fabric.  Rather a stretch of the subject I know but now that I am back in harness I would really like to try and do one a month for a while.


4 comments:

  1. I like the lateral thinking involved here. I was not aware that this was considered to be'an impossible subject' although I suppose it depends on whether the 'lightbulb' lights up or not. 'One man's meat' and all that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have finished your piece. Having had an idea today I have just started my piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an intriguing challenge you were given. I just love the colours of the piece you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely result you have achieved.The original challenge was a thought provoking one!

    ReplyDelete