Tuesday 4 November 2014

Composition in Blue

Yes, I know I'm really late with adding a contribution to the Blue themed month, but I did make one for the challenge:

I belong to a local art group that is working on alternate grid pieces, and I decided to make my piece fit into our Blue Themed month. 

I hand dyed 4 gradations of blue, and after I started piecing it, realized this would have been much easier if I'd just fused the half square triangles in place. 

If you kind of fuzz up your vision, the background piecing goes away and the alternate grid concept is more obvious. 

Hugs...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane, don't worry about the delay, we all do it sometimes!! A lovely traditional piece that has real empathy. I love your concept of dyeing a gradation and then using it to create depth, it's great and well done.

    ReplyDelete