Sunday, 20 October 2013

Catching up

Sorry gals to be so late, but at last I can show you what I did with the September theme:
My original idea was to start with small hexagons and change the shape of them, turning it into an artquilt. But that involved hand piecing and as I was late already I decided not to do that. Instead I focussed on the changing of a white piece of fabric into a surface designed one. In total there are 4 different pieces of fabric in this quilt. The starting point, a plain white one. The second one with only one layer of paint, the third with 2 layers and no doubt you can guess, that the fourth one has 3 layers. I used different paints and paintstiks for this piece.
My quilt for the October theme is finished as well, but you will have to wait a few more days before I show a picture of that one :-)

1 comment:

  1. I like the ideas behind this piece.It is most effective.You could almost have posted it for the abstract theme!