Thursday 31 October 2013

3D Diamonds


Using up and not buying for a sqaure is still my theme so this time I used thick royal blue acrylic felt as the background because I knew it was going to be a problem sewing the edges once the pieces were attached.  The diamonds are made of vilene and covered with hand-dyed silks that have been edged with various threads.  These were then attached in rows with a variety of small square buttons in complimentary colours together with a very rebellious round red one to draw the eye.  I have really struggled with "Abstract", I think it was just too broad a subject for my taste although I have to say that those who have already posted did a truly splendid job so well done!

4 comments:

  1. It is that I know it is a quilt, but it look like some metal on wood piece. I just LOVE the effect you got. And yes, the red button attracts the attention :-), good find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting take on the abstract theme. It looks beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is most effective-good choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an interesting piece, Ann. I love the idea of the attached diamonds and the one red button.

    ReplyDelete