Tuesday 20 December 2011

Size Is Not Everything, Small Is Sweeter

I have been harvesting the remainder of our carrots. Hence the idea, not a very good one but it fits the theme.

I again used the cut, stich, cut, stitch technique for the background. Unfortunately because I was desperate to get on with the challenge I made the division between sky and soil at the half way mark, not a good idea design wise. Typical of me not thinking things out. I realised this early on but decided just to continue.

I used fabric paints to create the fluffy leaves and give character to the carrots. I then free machined with green variegated thread to give more texture to the leaves.

To my surprise I am reasonably happy with the result considering it was made so quickly and without much planning.

Plus Point -----I will be able to use it in the crafts section of our local Annual Show, where hopefully it will make the entrants to the vegetable sections smile.

Irene MacWilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment