Tuesday 24 December 2013

ORDER FROM CHAOS - WINTER BLUES

I have actually completed a piece within the timescale!
I have been interested in snowflake designs for years especially as I have one or two inspiring books on the subject.  I have nevr managed to  do justice to these inspiring creations until now (perhaps?).
The centre is a snowflake which extends beyond the square whilst small snowflakes surround the centre.  The background is derived from the previous 'Cosmos' work.  It is computer transfer printed with free machine embroidery.  I am fascinated by the idea that many snowflakes appear ro resemble the vaulting in cathedrals and old houses.  I believe this to be the case with this work as that is what the centre reminds me of.
This piece tends to be more regular than most of my work although I have tried to make it 'regular irregular'.
I have added holographic medium since I took the picture which I had forgotten at the time.  It adds some wintry sparkle.

2 comments: