Thursday 31 January 2013

Monsters Inc


My favourite film is Monster Inc, for all sorts of reasons.  I love the Pixar movies in general but we saw Monsters Inc on the weekend of my fortieth birthday in a cinema in Dublin.

I decided that I wanted to do an abstract piece rather than a figurative one so here it is.  The purple spots are reverse appliqued, it was a challenge to make the toenail/ horn pieces as I seemed to have forgotten all I ever knew about foundation piecing and realised that it was easier just to curve piece. The green represents Mike Wazowski and the pink Boo. I wondered about putting Mike's eye in the piece but decided it might look rather like an "all seeing" eye.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to do an abstract. This is such a lovely film too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen the film ,but I love your abstract quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever to do the film title as abstract. Love the spotty fabric for monster, so suitable.

    ReplyDelete