Monday 19 September 2011

October challenge HOT


Here is the second attempt at this challenge.

We recently had Edwina McKinnon to the Northern Ireland Patchwork Guild and among her pieces she showed one where she had joined pieces by zig zag stitch and then turned and cut, stitched and turned and cut. It struck me this would be a quick way to get lots of hot coloured pieces quickly assembled for the background to my piece.

I then came up with the idea of hot springs. I downloaded a tiny image of springs and spent an evening copying it, I kept getting lost in all the coils. When I had my drawing I stitched the outline of the springs and the letters and then filled them with old silver paint by Hobbytex. It must be about 20 years old. I have never used either gold or silver paint in my work so it was wonderful to finally use it. Of course it has evaporated somewhat but was fine. I liked the way it did not totally cover the area so makes the springs look a bit aged.
Irene MacWilliam

2 comments:

  1. I omitted to say my piece is called HOT SPRINGS.
    Irene MacWilliam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Thanks for adding the description of how you made thhis.

    ReplyDelete