Wednesday 2 December 2015

November theme - Tree of Life piece

In the Northern Ireland Embroidery Guild we had speakers who told us about a Passion and Legacy Project which is based on images from the Lethbridge sisters panels that hang in Girton College Cambridge. One bought into contributing by purchasing an image from these panels, I think there were about 4 choices. One image entitled you to do a traditional wool canvas work piece. I did not choose much to my surprise the more modern one/s I chose a Jacobean like Tree of Life. This was well before we got the theme for our November pieces.

Here is my piece for this group, it was a tryout for my ideas for my finished piece which had to be A3 size. I used tulle for the 12 inch piece but abandoned it for my embroidery piece.


Below is my piece for the Passion and Legacy Project. Our local Art College (I live in Northern Ireland) is taking part and various other colleges and guilds one as far away as Australia are taking part. You are guaranteed one showing of your piece fairly locally and then they select for a touring show. I think this is vaguely the form of the project. I will be handing over my piece in a fortnight and all the guild pieces will be delivered. It is so easy partaking when one is not involved in the technicalities or logistics.




No comments:

Post a Comment