Monday 2 February 2015

WHICH WAY IS UP? aka MAGIC CARPET


I have had a frustrating time trying to find out how to change the orientation of a photo which came in on its side.  I still don't really know how I got there but it has worked!  It is now the right way up.

The source was a tree reflected in the pond at Wakehurst Place (now banned by us because it has decided to charge NT members for parking).  It then went through various stages as I flipped and mirrored it.  I needed a focus so I took part of the picture and repeated that too.  A swirl was added to increase the movement and the sides were taken from the same source.  Free machining was used to give the raised effect.

I have subtitled it 'Magic Carpet' because it appears to resemble one and it has given me ideas for more work on the same theme.

5 comments:

  1. What an interesting design, Jenny. I particularly like the spiral in the centre. Thanks so much for the notes on the inspiration and how the quilt developed. The colours you have used are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea and it would easily develop into a large piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something very striking again Jenny. Lovely piece

    ReplyDelete